Thursday, January 10, 2013

Soccer Mom & The Upper Deck Pub

   This has been the year of new things for our little family. For my daughter it has been soccer. Who knew that my sweet little girl would find a passion in a sport that I literally know almost nothing about. And by almost nothing I know that; you kick the ball and can't touch it,  there once was a guy named Pele (beyond that I know nothing about him), 2 of the best looking guys in the WORLDs names are David Beckham and Christiano Rinaldo and they both play soccer too. Other than that, completely at a loss. I was that kid that wasn't coordinated at all and things involving hand/ eye & foot/eye coordination were especially difficult. That aside, Kennidy loves it. She also is not currently super coordinated but she is trying her very hardest. 

   Moment of honesty, being a soccer mom is totally not all it's cracked out to be. It involves lots of down time and waiting and waiting and, oh yeah, waiting. Being a bit of a nervous parent, I don't feel comfortable just dropping Kennidy off at soccer and going home for an hour, so I wait at her soccer practice. Luckily she's doing indoor soccer so there is no rain and wetness to brave. The other great thing about her doing indoor soccer is that there is a pub in the sports park. Who knew??? Certainly not me. So now while I am waiting I can order an appetizer such as tots or chips and salsa (they even have pizza and a few other things) and a beer. Since my family lives right down the road I usually have somebody there with me cheering on my little lady, so we can even order a pitcher. 
Proof that we did just that, ordered a pitcher. P.S. this picture shows only 2 glasses, but there was 4 of us splitting it. I really am not a lush :)

The Upper Deck Pub offers a pretty decent sized selection of beers on tap, including some not-so normal ones (this week they had Nectar Creeks Honey wine on tap-aka Mead. It's like a not sweet apple cider without the apple taste. It's made from honey and water and that's it! So good. Shout out to my sister and brother in law @ the "Broads World" blog for introducing us to this yummy stuff). Upper Deck also has a few wines to choose from too. Wednesday is $1 taco night as well, which is pretty neato and they also offer monthly brewery tastings. The price is reasonable for both food and drinks. 
Plus a whole other row of brews on tap, in addition to this one!

Decor for this place includes an array of soccer scarves hanging from the ceiling and some random sports memorabilia. They have a pool table and dart boards as well. A nice clear glass wall lets you see what's happening on the field while staying toasty warm inside the pub. 


Next time you're at the sports park for an indoor soccer match/hockey game/ kids birthday party I suggest you give this hidden gem a try. Also if you're looking for a place to hang out with your friends that nobody knows about this would be the place or maybe just somewhere to hang out where you won't run into people you know (this is a small town after all). 

The tiny sign telling you there is a pub there, other than that you would have NO CLUE! Super secret :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment